Nordhavn – A Habor District takes form
1.800 DKK for up to 10 people.
3.600 DKK for up to 20 people.
Group rate includes entrance to DAC’s current exhibitions on the day of the tour.
Nordhavn is the city’s new quarter with beautiful transformations of silos, sustainable solutions, harbor bath and metro to the door. A brand new urban district is taking shape. Come out with us and follow the development.
Just 15 years ago, the Århusgade neighborhood in Nordhavn was surrounded by fences and checkpoints as it was a part of Copenhagen’s free port. Today, the neighborhood is the city’s foremost example of a modern transformation of a harbor area.
And we have taken the district to our hearts.
Art studios are moving to Nordhavn, different housing types mix with each other, the location by the water is attractive, and the traces of the old industrial harbor fascinate us.
The area has been developed on the basis of a comprehensive plan dating back to 2008, when thinking about social, economic and environmental sustainability was a completely new approach. Today we are starting to see the results.
Good infrastructure, dense city, mixed functions, new meeting places, classic and recycled materials and preservation of existing buildings, supplemented by new ones.
Come and let yourself be carried away by silo, sunshine and Sundkaj.
- Meeting place: Under the metro sign at Nordhavn Metrostation, Århusgade 122 (next to Menu)
- The tour ends: At Orientkaj Metro station
- The tour’s route is 2.5 km
- The trip starts on time, so please arrive min. 10 minutes before the agreed time
- Guides on the trip are DAC’s qualified guides
- The tour ticket gives free access to DAC on the day of the tour and 24 hours ahead.
This means that you have ample opportunity to visit DAC’s exhibitions and explore DAC’s many other activities and offers that do not require an additional ticket
- Keep an eye on the weather, and bring any umbrella or sun hat. We carry out the tour regardless of the weather
The tour has been created in collaboration with By & Havn
Along the tour you will see:
- Nordhavns Plads (COBE Architects)
- The Cannon House (Entasis)
- Residential buildings on Sandkajen
- The roof at Lüders parking lot (JAJA Arkitekter)
- The Silo (COBE)
- Frihavnstårnet (Practice Architects)
- The Orient (Dorte Mandrup Architects)
- The International School (CF Møller)