Come out on a tour when DAC guides share the design stories behind this remarkable collection of new apartments, daycare centers, schools, and an arena – with more under construction.
Here you’ll learn about the future of sustainable buildings that creatively recycle and upcycle materials. We’ll also see BIG’s innovative 8 House – surprisingly built within sight of beautiful fields of grazing cows – which was named Housing Building of the Year by the World Architecture Festival.
Our tour begins at BLOX (OMA, 2018). From there we’ll hop on the Metro together and see highlights of Ørestad including the Royal Arena (3XN, 2016); Kalvebod Fælled School (Lundgaard & Trandberg, 2018); Resource Rows (Lendager Group, NREP, 2019); Upcycle Studios (NREP, Arkitektgruppen, 2018). The tour ends at 8 House (BIG, 2010) one of the most famous projects from Bjarke Ingels Group.
- This tour travels by Metro from the city center to Ørestad.
- All tour tickets include free entrance to DAC and our current exhibitions.
- Meet: Danish Architecture Center Welcome desk, Bryghuspladsen 10
- Tour ends: Vestamager Metro Station (end of the M1 line)
- In order to take part in this tour, you’ll need either: 1) a single Metro ticket to the Vestamager station, or 2) a day pass or your transit card (Rejsekort) or 3) your Copenhagen Card (which includes transportation). If needed, you can purchase a one-way Metro ticket at DAC’s Welcome desk for an additional fee. Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the tour start time to purchase.
- Children under 18 are free, but please book a ticket. Max. 2 children per adult.
Also available as private group tour