Central Copenhagen Tour – World Capital of Architecture
July 3 – 6, 2023
15.30 – 18.30
(July 6: 14.30 – 17.30)
BLOX (City Center)
The tour frames Danish architecture in a contemporary context. What is the essence of Danish Architecture? What kind of society has been the point of departure for today’s architecture in Denmark?
Danish society is based on a high degree of trust, equality, solidarity, and the opportunity for people to join meaningful communities and access knowledge. And this is reflected in Danish architecture. On the tour, we will learn about the great thinker Grundtvig’s belief in knowledge for everyone and a society where few have too much and even fewer have too little, the welfare society, design icons, Copenhagen’s urban development, the turnaround of the 90s, urban spaces, clean harbors people can swim in and the latest housing developments. Everything that makes Copenhagen what it is today.
The tour in central Copenhagen takes a retrospective look at the city’s industrial past and connects it to the city of today, where street food, climate resilience and harbor baths are what it’s all about.
- Classical highlights, including the parliament building and the National Bank by Arne Jacobsen
- Urban spaces for people of all ages inspired by urban planner, Jan Gehl
- Bridges and connectors to integrate the harbor front with the rest of city
- Transformation and re-use of industrial buildings
- Biking as a vital form of transport in Copenhagen
- Clean water – maybe the best decision Copenhagen ever made in recent times
- Life on the harbor front
Bus and walking.
All of the tours are accessible with foldable wheelchairs and partial mobility. On all walking tours you can also bring an electric wheelchair. It’s possible to bring your service dog on bus and boat. If you have a personal helper, this person can come along for free.
To be able to facilitate any accommodation we kindly need to know in advance on email@example.com. If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us via the same email address.