Kalvebod Brygge – The City’s new Secret Highline
2.200 DKK for up to 10 people.
4.400 DKK for up to 20 people.
Group rate includes entrance to DAC’s current exhibitions on the day of the tour.
What is the ugliest place in Copenhagen? Kalvebod Brygge answers a lot, but now Kalvebod Brygge is undergoing transformation. In the second row from the harbor quay, a violent development is taking place in these years, which may help to change the image of the maligned stretch.
Join us and see it with your own eyes and get the stories behind it.
Postbyen is being built along the tracks at Central Station, and will be connected to the existing Bymil, which stretches from Bernstorffsgade and on to the Tivoli Hotel. There will be a green raised stretch from the Tivoli Hotel and over to Dybbøls Bro, where we will have to get used to cycling to IKEA. After Dybbøl’s Bridge the Cactus Towers rises up, and from IKEA’s new rooftop terrace, we can look out over the Railway City
The tour gives you an insight into a maligned area in Copenhagen, which in these years is being transformed and connected to the rest of the city.
Come along for the ride and be among the first to get to know the city’s new secret highline.
- The tour route is approx. 3.5 km.
- The tour begins in the Danish Architecture Center and ends at Bryggebroen, close to Fisketorvet.
- We will meet in DAC’s ticket sales/Welcome area, where the guide will be ready.
- The trip starts on time, so please arrive min. 10 minutes before the agreed time.
- Guides on the trip are DAC’s qualified guides.
- The tour ticket gives free access to DAC on the day of the tour and 24 hours ahead.
This means that you have an opportunity to come back the next day as well and visit DAC’s exhibitions and explore DAC’s many other activities and offers that do not require an additional ticket.
- Keep an eye on the weather and bring any umbrella or sun hat. We carry out the tour regardless of the weather.
Along the Tour you’ll see
- Dantes Plads
- Hotel Villa Copenhagen
- SEB Bank
- Cabinn Copenhagen Hotel
- Ny busholdeplads
- Dybbøls Bro
- Trafiktårn Øst