Dialogue Academy for
Students and recent graduates are invited to lead urgent dialogues at the World Congress of Architects Copenhagen 2023 with Danish Architecture Center and Arka.
Danish Architecture Center and Arka invite you to speak up and make a difference at the UIA World Congress of Architects Copenhagen 2023 – the world’s largest event on Sustainable Architecture.
We need to challenge the unsustainable way we build our cities today. You already know that you need to be a part of that change, but do you know how? The dialogue between the established construction industry and the future generation of that industry needs a significant boost in order to achieve the changes we all need. We can help you lead those dialogues, and we do that by bringing you to the table where decisions are made and by making your voices heard.
Dialogue Academy for Urban Changemakers is an interdisciplinary offer for students and recent graduates who work with the built environment and want to be a part of the necessary change in the construction industry. During three preparation events we will ensure you’re properly prepared to address the topics that matter to you when challenging the people building our cities today. Throughout both the preparation events and the UIA sessions, Arka will make video content to spread the word about the next generation in architecture and the future of the construction industry. We need your ideas, and we’re ready to give you the skills and platforms you need to lead the dialogues for urban change.
If you are offered a spot at the Dialogue Academy for Urban Changemakers, you get:
- A free ticket to the UIA World Congress of Architects Copenhagen 2023 (July 2–6, 2023) where you can meet and talk to influential stakeholders from the Danish and international urban development community in open sessions during the congress.
- Three preparation events where we prepare you for dialogues on urban change and help you sharpen your message when engaging in conversations with influential stakeholders in the construction industry.
- May 3, 5–8 p.m.: Why dialogues are crucial to break free from business as usual.
- May 10, 5–8 p.m.: How do you engage in dialogues that make a difference?
- May 24, 5–8 p.m.: How do you gain influence in a conversation with influential people?
- Improved communication skills and tools to engage in critical and valuable dialogues.
- A network of engaged people in the built environment that will be a part of changing the way we build our cities.
Apply to the Dialogue Academy for Urban Changemakers by sending us:
- Your CV (name, education, experience)
- A letter of motivation (max. 500 words) where you answer the following questions:
1. If you could change one thing in your city, what would it be?
2. Who would you ask to help you make this change?
Applications must be written in English. Deadline for submission: April 10, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.