Need more information? Find answers to the most common questions under Practical information.
Adults: 115 DKK
Children (u. 18): Free
Youth (u. 26): 60 DKK
Students: 60 DKK
Groups (10+) 85 DKK
Are you curious to know why there are apartments on top of the BLOX building? Or did the exhibition post some new questions in your mind? Then have a talk with our exhibition hosts. They are dedicated to architecture and ready to share their knowledge and passion with you in our exhibitions.
We live at BLOX
BLOX is Denmark’s world of architecture, design and new ideas. The building is designed by the world-famous Dutch firm OMA under the leadership of Partner/Director Ellen van Loon.
It’s easy to get to DAC on foot from anywhere in Copenhagen. For instance, we are just 10 minutes from Copenhagen City Hall Square and 15-20 minutes from both Copenhagen Central Station and the Metro.
From the airport
The trip from Copenhagen Airport takes about 20 minutes by car and 30 minutes with public transportation.
Take M3 Metro line either to Gammel Strand or to Rådhuspladsen Station. 10 min. walk from both stations.
By harbor bus
By harbor bus, jump off at the Royal Danish Library. By sightseeing boat, jump off at DAC / BLOX.
Take bus lines 37, 31 or 2A to Stormgade (5 min. walk), line 5C and 68 to Otto Mønsteds Plads (2 min. walk) or line 26 to the Royal Danish Library (2 min. walk). By sightseeing bus, get off at the Royal Danish Library.
If you’re coming by car, you can park in BLOX’s fully automatic paid parking garage with 350 parking spaces. The entrance is on Vester Voldgade. See more here.
If you’re coming by bike, you can use BLOX’s underground bicycle parking. You can access the bicycle parking from Bryghuspladsen via both an elevator and stairs.
From Bryghuspladsen there are stairs and an elevator down to the main entrance at the DAC Passage. You will enter into the building’s welcome area via a revolving door. At the cloakroom in the far left-hand corner, you can access every DAC level, by elevator or via the Main Stairs.
- People with difficulty walking should access the building from Bryghuspladsen.
- Guiding lines in the surrounding area will guide you to BLOX.
- Elevators ensure level access to and inside the building.
- People with companion card have free admission
- The speed of the revolving door can be slowed as needed by pressing a visible button.
- There are accessible restrooms in DAC Design Shop on Level -2, Educatorium on Level 1, The Hall on Level 2 and DAC Café on Level 3.
- Family-friendly café with changing tables in the restrooms.
- During your visit in DAC, it is possible to borrow a wheelchair. To reserve a wheelchair, please contact Welcome before 12:00 pm on the weekday preceding your visit. You can reach Welcome via email at email@example.com. Please note that the reservation needs to be confirmed by Welcome in order to ensure the availability of a wheelchair.
- NB! Currently the lift in the exhibition Living Better Lives is out of order. We are working to resolve the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Access to DAC Café
Access to DAC Design Shop
Buying your tickets
Children below the age of 16, must be accompanied by adults during the visit.
If you are bringing a stroller, elevators allow you free access to all floors of the building.
You can visit DAC with a Copenhagen Card. This card makes it easy for you to visit attractions and use public transport without having to worry about tickets and prices.
Read more about Copenhagen Card here.
Food and drinks
DAC does not have a room for groups to picnic in. Nor is picnicking allowed in the Welcome area or cloak room. School groups who have booked a learning session in Educatoriet, may eat their packed lunches there by prior arrangement.
You can purchase food at affordable prices at DAC Café.
As a guest, you are welcome to take photos in our exhibition. However, if you need the images for professional use, you need to make an agreement with us. Contact our press officer to get your permission. We ask you to always show consideration. Do not take pictures of other guests, or DAC staff without permission.
Private tour guide
DAC tour guides welcome groups on private tours of the BLOX building, of the DAC exhibitions and in the city. Book a guided tour on: firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 2096 9342 (Monday to Friday, 10-14). Read more about DAC group tours here.
Privately organized tours by external tour guides are not allowed in Danish Architecture Center.