Carlsberg City District:
where history and future meet
2.200 DKK for up to 10 people.
4.400 DKK for up to 20 people.
Group rate includes entrance to DAC’s current exhibitions on the day of the tour.
Denmark’s most famous brewing family once lived in an industrial district with green copper roofs and beautiful details – the place was called Carlsberg. Today, the industrial site is once again working in the area, where the former industrial buildings are now given new life, and are mixed with modern construction, climate protection and high-rise buildings.
Come out with us and follow the development.
Carlsberg has everything a good story is made of. A dramatic family saga, entrepreneurship, large capital, and an irrepressible faith in the future. Combined with a sense of quality, art and architecture, the brewing family Jacobsen has left a big mark on all of Copenhagen. It was on Valby Bakke that it all began more than 150 years ago.
Today, Carlsberg is no longer an industrial district, but an urban district. Much has been demolished, some is preserved and remained, and others are transformed and reused.
We take the tour around Carlsberg Byen, and talk about the area’s historical weight, about the comprehensive plan that is the basis for the entire new development, and we will look at how sustainability and climate protection are planned.
Come with us and get an insight into the homes, hotels, institutions, squares and roads that shape the new Carlsberg Byen.
- The tour route is approx. 3 km
- The tour begins at Carl’s villa on the corner of Valby Langgade and Ny Carlsbergvej, and ends at Carlsberg Central Office on J.C. Jacobsens Gade 1, close to where the tour begins.
- The trip starts on time, so please arrive min. 10 minutes before the agreed time.
- Guides on the trip are DAC’s qualified guides.
- All tour tickets include free admission to DAC and our current exhibitions for one day after the tour.
This means that you have an opportunity to visit DAC’s exhibitions and explore DAC’s many other activities and offers that do not require an additional ticket.
- Keep an eye on the weather and bring umbrella or sun hat. We carry out the tour regardless of the weather.
Along the Tour you’ll see
- Carls villa
- Ottilia Jacobsens Plads
- Bag Elefanterne
- Thorvald Bindesbølls Plads
- Vesten for Humlen
- Østen for Humlen
- J.C. Jacobsens Have
- Ottilia Hotel
- Bryggerens Plads
- Carlsbergs hovedsæde, J.C. Jacobsens Gade