Harbor Cruise –
Price: DKK 9000 for up to 149 people
* Until September 2023 the trip will be extended by 15 min. due to repairs of Langebro, and a supplement of DKK 1.250 will be included.
If you would like to rent an electric boat, the price is plus DKK 650
Discover Copenhagen’s harbor transformation on the city’s only architecture cruise.
Join the Danish Architecture Center to discover Copenhagen’s harbor transformation on the city’s only architecture cruise. To glide along the harbor today, it’s hard to comprehend that just a few decades ago, Copenhagen’s waterway was choking with industrial sites. Where cargo ships, warehouses, and polluted water could once be found – today the harbor has been transformed with swimmers, pleasure boats, and innovative sustainable architecture.
- Route: From the Danish Architecture Center to the Danish Architecture Center
- Where to meet? The order confirmation will tell you
- Cancellation of Harbor Cuise boat tour must be done no later than 30 days before the tour starts. If you cancel the tour more than 14 days before, you will be charged 50% of the price. Cancellations done less than 14 days before, will be charged the full amount.
- Buying a private Group Tour includes entrance for the whole group to the Danish Architecture Center on the day of the tour. This gives you and your group the opportunity to visit all DACs current exhibitions
- Guide on your tour is DACs trained tour guides
Highlights of the tour
You can either go north, south or take a two-hour cruise going both north and south. It’s up to you.
Going North, you will experience
The Copenhagen inner harbor with
- the award-winning housing complex, Krøyers Plads (Cobe)
- the Royal Opera House (Henning Larsen)
- the Playhouse (Lundgaard & Tranberg)
- the Paper Island, Christiansholm, with a new aquatics Centre (Kengo Kuma)
Continuing to the northern harbor with
- the Amager Bakke (BIG), Copenhagen’s innovative waste to power generation plant
- the FN headquarter (3XN)
- the Silo, the transformation of a Silo into high end housing and restaurant (Cobe)
- the Copenhagen International School, CIS (CF Møller)
Going South, you will experience
The southern part of the Copenhagen Harbor with
- the Gemini Residence (MVRDV), the transformation of silos to housing
- the first Harbor bath ever (Plot)
- the Sluseholmen housing project (Sjoerd Sjoeters)
- Enghave Brygge and Teglholmen, housing areas along the harbor front
- the IKEA City
- the Kaktus Towers (BIG)
- and bridges and more bridges that are the backbone of the success of the transformation of the Harbor